By placing an order with Oddbox Ltd (Trading as Oddbox Studio), you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below:
1. Oddbox Ltd will carry out work only where an agreement is provided by email / in writing. An ‘order’ is deemed to be a written contract between Oddbox Ltd and the client. Payment terms are strictly 50% of the agreed design fee before work commences, and the remainder upon completion of the design prior to the site going live on your domain. All payments are non-refundable.
2. Websites made on certain platforms such as Webflow and Sitemaker are hosted within those platforms and therefore cannot be transferred to an external host. Websites created on WordPress are hosted by an appropriate hosting provider for your solution (usually Siteground) and can be transferred to a new host if desried. Oddbox Ltd cannot accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of either service, or for loss of turnover, sales, revenue, profits or indirect, consequential or special loss.
3. Should you choose to host your WordPress website on your own hosting service it is your responsibility to transfer the site from our demo domain. Oddbox Ltd will supply you with necessary information to help faciliate the transfer such as FTP access or an appropriate tool. We advise you to seek support from your hosting company to facilitate the transfer.
4. Once your site is live on your domain it is assumed that the project has been completed to your satisfaction. Any additional work is then charged at the prevailing support cost.
5. Should you choose the option of having administrative rights to your website you will be able to make high-level changes to your own site and amend content. Oddbox Ltd does not accept responsibility for any changes that you make to your site.
6. Unless we have agreed to create content for your site you will be required to submit your own text and images for use on your website. All text should be divided into sections relevant to your page names and submitted by you in electronic format via Wetransfer. All text and images submitted must be free of copyright and Oddbox Ltd accepts no responsibility for any infringement of copyright law arising from any text or images used on your site. Text needs to be sent in a format that allows us to copy and paste, keeping the existing formatting in place.
7. We may include plugins on your website to improve the overall user experience on your site. These include but are not limited to contact forms, image slideshows, videos and maps. As these are third party apps hosted by another supplier we cannot accept responsibility for any loss of service or malfunction that may occur. Each third party reserves the right to alter or remove their service and or charge fees if certain usage limits are reached. Customers will be notified prior to such case and would be able to decide whether or not to continue with the service or to find an alternative provider.
8. We reserve the right to include a screenshot of, and link to your completed website on the portfolio page of our website and on any of our social media accounts.
9. All sites can be viewed on laptops, PC’s, tablets and mobile devices running the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
10. Your hosting period begins once your website is transferred off the staging server, usually upon design completion but can sometimes be earlier if requested. Payments are taken in advance of any hosting period (annually or monthly), and if your payment is missed your site will no longer be live. Oddbox Ltd cannot be held liable for any loss of business from the site being offline.
11. All domain names will be registered in the clients name and as such the domain name belongs to the client, not to Oddbox Ltd. The domain will be registered for 1 year. If the customer does not renew the services the domain will expire and will be made available for general sale (by the domain registrar).
12. Oddbox Ltd excludes liability for any loss of profit caused to the customer by the expiration of the domain name as a result of a technical fault, or any other fault caused by the hosting company or any third party.
13. All sites are limited to a total of 500MB of data storage. Should you use more than 500MB of storage you will need to either pay an additional hosting fee or delete enough files to bring your total storage back down below 500MB.
14. Website drafts will be created based on the design brief and information provided by the customer. If the design brief changes significantly after the first draft has been created a support charge for any additional work may be applied.
15. If the final payment has not been received within 12 months of the original order being placed Oddbox Ltd reserve the right to cancel this agreement without notice. All design work carried out will be permanently deleted from our hosting platform and no refund will be payable. Any domains or email accounts that may have been registered will also be cancelled and no refund will be payable, and Oddbox Ltd accept no liability for any data / emails lost.
16. Due to external factors we cannot offer any guarantees regarding the search engine position we will achieve for websites. We cannot accept liability for any change in rankings, or drop off in the position of your website due to changes in the algorithms of the search engines or the factors that they use to rank websites.
17. Oddbox Ltd reserve the right to refuse to handle in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or controversial. We also reserve the right to refuse to handle any site found to be involved in any black-hat search engine optimisation techniques. Should any of these situations arise we reserve the right to terminate your web hosting service without notice and you would not be due a refund.
18. We reserve the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time.